Monday, August 19, 2013

Reflections On Week 1

1) The only factors that maybe effect my experience or participation in this class would be if the computer randomly breaks or the internet has problems, which only happens every once in a while. Other than the few technology problems that may occur, I should be fine.

2) The best learning experience for me was being able to watch a type of stomach surgery on the monitors while they used scopes. I learned about what they had to take out of the stomach and why, what the inside of the body actually looks like, and what a stomach FEELS LIKE. The tech just allowed me to hold it and transfer over the stomach into the container as the surgery was finishing up. It taught me that if its able to keep me interested, I can remember a lot of it. The visual of the surgery captivated me, and made me really believe I'm a visual learner.

3) I'm most concerned about fixing how I write, since I know the style, grammar and spelling will have a major impact on these next few months since I will be applying to colleges. With those minor mistakes I could have lost a major opportunity. This will make a practical difference to me, since I'll be able to address other people in a professional manner without messing up on simple things.

No comments:

Post a Comment