Wednesday, October 30, 2013

FILTER BUBBLES

a) What new information did you learn from the video?
I learned that our searches, and what we are exposed to are filtered, not necessarily by the user either. Big sites filter them for us, thus controlling the information I can see due to my few searching habits.

)How does this information make you think differently about what you see online?
Makes me feel like the internet is becoming less of a tool, I would like to be able to reference to something online and have a friend be able to find it. But I never asked for my stuff to be personalized either.

What questions does this video raise about the Internet in general?
Does this customization of the web search really benefit users? Why do they feel the need to personalize my searches if either way I can get access to information but one way it can be more beneficial?

d)How can you improve the effectiveness of your searches?
Improve the effectiveness of my searches by not surrounding myself with junk searches and letting it get personalized to that. In order to accomplish this I have to actually go through the searches not just the first few links that pop up I do not even recall a time where I turn to page 2 for Google searches.

No comments:

Post a Comment