Tuesday, October 29, 2013

THOUGHTS ON HAMLET (IN PROGRESS)

My thoughts on act III Hamlet, I have different opinions of Gertrude since within the play it never states Gertrude's opinion, her responses and reactions could be interpreted many ways. It is possible that Hamlet is more sane than Gertrude. Since Gertrude didn't see the fault in marrying her dead husband's brother, could it be she's in on the ruse? King Hamlet only appears before Hamlet to steer him on the right path and leave Gertrude to heaven.  Because of the ghost I questioned the sanity of Gertrude and Hamlet. My thinking evolved over the course of the acts due to me interpreting it the first time then hearing the interpretations of others, and thinking "oh, that makes sense." From Act IV I see things getting more troublesome, but eventually I believe Hamlet will get Claudius.

No comments:

Post a Comment